Sunday, November 25

Easy Crock-Pot Roast

Tonight, I hosted my first Thanksgiving in our new home for my husband's side of the family. I was excited to break out my china and formal linens, but didn't brave making a turkey especially since my husband and I already had 2 turkey dinners and drove 9 hours over the past 3 days. So instead, I went with a classic favorite... pot roast. I looked around at several different recipes online and settled on this one simply because it had the fewest ingredients and looked easy. (I passed up one recipe that used Dr. Pepper because I was terrified to ruin my $30 worth of meat.) It was delicious, super easy, and not overdone...just as a good pot roast should be!

In the pot:
  • 1/4 cup water 
  • medium red potatoes, cut in quarters 
  • medium yellow onion, cut in quarters 
  • bag (16 ounces) fresh whole baby carrots 
  • envelope (about 1 ounce) dry onion soup and recipe mix 
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper 
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves 
  • boneless beef rump roast (2 1/2 to 3 pounds) 

Place meat in Crock-pot and sprinkle with thyme and pepper. Put in cut potatoes, onions, and carrots. Mix dry onion soup mix and water and pour over all. Cook on LOW for 8 hours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Taco Pie

Taco Pie 1 lb, ground beef or turkey 1 onion, diced (optional) black pepper to taste 1 Tbsp. chili powder 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce...