Friday, November 23

Move Over Pumpkin Pie for Gooey Chocolate Cobbler

This year for my family's Thanksgiving dinner, I was in charge of bringing dessert. I was really excited to try a new recipe that I have been wanting to make, Gooey Chocolate Cobbler. Trust me, this one I had to see to believe. It worked out perfectly and everyone thought it was delicious! It definitely may become a new Thanksgiving tradition at our house!

Gooey Chocolate Cobbler

Batter
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup milk
Topping
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 1 and 1/2 cups hot tap water
Combine the ingredients of the batter and place in an ungreased 9-inch square or round Corningware baking dish. Combine and sprinkle the DRY ingredients of the topping evenly over batter then pour hot tap water over all. Without stirring (I know it seems weird), bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve hot out of the oven with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taco Pie

Taco Pie 1 lb, ground beef or turkey 1 onion, diced (optional) black pepper to taste 1 Tbsp. chili powder 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce...