I have seen variations of this recipe all over Pinterest, and so I decided to try it with a few variations of my own. It was very yummy and made for a quick and easy dinner, perfect for any weeknight! Feel free to try it with whatever pizza toppings you prefer.
- 2 cans Pillsbury flaky layers biscuits
- 1/2 lb. turkey sausage, browned
- 2 cups traditional pizza or marinara sauce
- dried oregano to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese to taste
Cut raw biscuits in half and place in bottom of greased 9-inch square casserole dish. Sprinkle with browned sausage and cover with sauce. Sprinkle with desired amount of oregano, and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cover with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with desired amount of parmesan cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.