This is by far my favorite lasagna recipe, and it's so easy because it goes in the Crock-Pot!
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 lb. ground turkey, browned
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. italian seasonings
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 32 oz. reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesean
- 3 cups shredded mozzerella
- 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 6 cups baby spinach
In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, ground turkey, garlic, and seasonings to make the sauce mixture.
In a separate bowl, combine ricotta, parmesan, and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese to make the cheese mixture.
In greased Crock-Pot, spread a thin layer of sauce, followed by 3 uncooked lasagna noodles, breaking to fit.
Cover noodles with 1 cup of the sauce followed by 2 cups of spinach.
Then spread 1 1/2 cups of the cheese mixture on top. Repeat layers of noodles, sause, spinach, and cheese twice more.
Top with remaining 3 noodles, sauce, and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
Cook covered on LOW for 3 1/2 hours until noodles and tender.