Saturday, December 29

KitchenAid Mixer Debut: Apple Sauce Sweet Bread

Santa (aka my wonderful parents) was so good to me this Christmas and gave me the Empire Red KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer that I have been wanting for a long time!


So today, I broke it in with a new recipe. It made it so much easier and my mixing arm was very grateful! This yummy sweet bread will make your kitchen smell WONDERFUL, and it tastes great too!


Apple Sauce Sweet Bread
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups and 1 tbsp. margarine
  • 3 1/2 oz can evaporated milk
  • 5 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tbsp. baking soda
  • 3 1/2 cups apple sauce
  • 5 1/3 cups flour
Topping
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon


With mixer, cream sugar and margarine for 3 minutes on medium speed. Add evaporated milk, eggs, vanilla, salt and baking soda and mix for 3 more minutes. Add apple sauce and mix for 2 more minutes. Add flour and mix until fully blended, do not overmix.


Pour batter into a greased 9x13 pan and mix together cinnamon and sugar topping.


Top with cinnamon and sugar topping and bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.

1 comment:

  1. You will LOVE your mixer! I got mine as a shower gift before we got married, and I was scared of it for over a year. It sat on my counter top looking pretty, but never used. Since it was so expensive, I was scared I'd mess it up or break it. LOL

    Earlier this past summer, I finally used it and immediately fell in love! It gets used on a regular basis now in my kitchen. I LOVE IT, and I'm sure you will too!

    ReplyDelete

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Bars

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Bars 1 box yellow cake mix 1 stick of butter, melted 2 eggs 1 (12 oz) bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips ...